Sunday, January 5, 2014

First Toy For Charity Made.

This is the first toy for charity made for this year.
A Wendy Gratz pattern. This is her blog where she has a link for this and many more softies and is a fun read too.
http://www.shinyhappyworld.com/store
The changes I have made to the pattern is where the opening is for the stuffing and turning. I have added it to the back and not on the base, I have also not stuffed the tail or the paws so that it is softer to lay on if the child wants to use it to sleep on. I have also omitted the embroidered whiskers, Still I think it is really cute. Makes it more like a pillow.
This is the first of the toys I will be making from the donated fabric from a very generous blogger and reader.

2 comments:

  1. Kitty is absolutely adorable. If it was me, I would have to add the whiskers. I'd do them in short backstitch. But that's just me.
    Lovely work again, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous toy, Sue! So good to see the fabric being used xx

    ReplyDelete