This is the cotton fabric all done today. They have been washed and dried on the line, then washed and dried again , ironed folded ready to use and put away. This afternoon I will be cutting and preparing the rest of the quilt covers I got yesterday to be turned into laundry bags.
This 100% cotton fabric was also part of the purchases that I made yesterday.
This is what I am doing with some of it. I cut it into fairly equal lengths, washed it in the machine, spun it and left it damp. Then I made up buckets of dye one at a time starting with the lightest. I will and have been pushing it down periodically and turning it. After 1 hour I will be rinsing it out until the water runs clear and then hanging it up to dry. I will then wash it a few more times to make sure that the colours no longer bleed then it will be ready to use.