Peter Pan hat. Made in green felt and doubled so that it is lined. Finished hat. The feather will be added in later when the hat is on the child to get it in the correct position. Corn tunic, one of 25 with a self coloured belt. Pirate Captains hat in the making. I used some felt for drafting, and I used the measurements of a straw hat to do it. The final hat will be in doubled black felt with the gold trim to match the cape and it will have a large white feather in the hat. I am waiting on supplies for that. Captains Tricorn hat in the making. These are boot covers. The Captain will have gumboots and these go on the top edge and will be double sided taped on. Theywill have holes punched in the back and laces added. They will give the illusion of being turn back cuffs.
Buttons I bought from Savers today have been spray painted gold. They will be attached to the tabs and will be purely decorative. The tabs will have velcro on the back and the corresponding pieces will be attached to the cape once it is on the person and positioned then glued into place.
Today I went shopping. This coat on the top is my coat. I love it and i have had it for about 6 or 7 years. It is a Peace Angel coat my hubby bought me for my birthday in Sydney one year. This is a coat i bought from Savers in Mill Park today, The same coat in a different colourway. I am so estatic! This means that when my first coat is thread bear i will still have my favourite style. This lovely lot i also bought in Savers Mill Park today, they will be invaluable for my costume making endeavors. This is my new pride and joy. A brand new dressmakers dummy bought from Spotlight in my size. After having second hand models I am really happy to have one in my size. Spotlight has a sale right now until Sunday, $100 off any dressmakers model. My husband has been a real trouper today.
This sword stands a metre high. It has a wire centre that runs through to the top. It is made out of cardboard and covered with hot glue that gives it it's strength. The top part is made out od a door knob that has been glued onto a cork, which has been put into a base of a plastic wine glass and then another cork has the wire pushed into it and the cork is glued into the wine glass base. That assembly has been spray painted. Once assembled I glued it into place and covered the cardboard with silver duct tape and the handle has fake red leather with brown cord wrapped around it. The decorations of silver and gold was an old bangle type earring disassembled and glued into place. lastly some red jewels have been added.
These 22 piggie tails have been made using 12 inch fat pipe cleaners, felt 3 cm wide 12 inch strips sewn and turned right sides out. Pipe cleaners inserted and a tab of felt covers the end and hot glued into place. This tab is what is going to be pinned onto the track suit bottoms and the pipe cleaners twisted into coils.
I designed a logo and added piggy ears to this hat. Fisherman's wife skirt is finished. They have felt fish, silver studs for eyes and have been sewn on with metallic thread. I have also finished the rest of the piggy headbands, worked more on the sword, and finished the tiara. A really good day.
I am working on some Piggy ears, noses and tails this afternoon. The kids will have little piggy tails pinned onto their clothing. The ears are going to be sewn onto headbands and the noses need elastic. I think i may have about 17 to make. Other animals in the works too.
On the dress I have sewn many many leaves, and the salvage edge of the wing fabric to the bodice to tie the two together. Side view. Back View. Front View. The leaves have been sewn 2 thirds of the way down each leaf, this enables movement. Three different fabrics have been used, both the back and front of each fabric have been used to create more colour.
This is what i have been working on today. The back brace is echoing the tiara. This is the wings on the dress. The lower part of the wings have no adornment at the moment, the skirt will be leaves and i will see that it needs after i have finished the dress. The top of the winds have little apples on them. There are a few sparkly adornments to catch the light and the wired beads bounce with movement. All the wings can be bent to whatever is needed.
The basic framework of the wings are finished, Now i am adding the embellishments. This will echo the tiara in colour, texture and beadwork. The leaf wings can be bent to whatever shape is pleasing. What also is shown in this shot is a dress bought from Savers, and will be adorned with leaves. It started white until i dyed it apple green, It looks a little blue in this shot.