Friday, August 14, 2009

Monkey Marionette

This is the head. I have pinned, tacked and now have to sew it on the machine. Making sure i have left a gap un sewn for the neck. I will then be turning it out the right way through the neck opening and stuffing it. I will then add some sculpting stitches to hold it all in place, more on that later.
The neck post will then be ladder stitched in place
This looks odd i know! It is however the back and front of body with the now sewn limbs turned right sides out and sandwiched between the two layers. I have the limbs poking out from the top of the body where the neck post will go and also for stuffing the body.
Pinned tacked and then sewn, turned right sides out. I also have put it onto some baking paper because i have found that this fabric is difficult to sew because it it a synthetic fur and is prone to sticking underfoot and does not run smoothly on the machine. The paper helps it to go through better.

No comments:

Post a Comment